Friday, June 4, 2010

Our Family

The thing about our little family is, we're really close. Just my husband, our daughter, and I. Both my husband and I were married before. And we both had kids. 8 in total. Then we got together. And we have 1 daughter. She is really the light of our eyes. Even now, at the age of 27, and with a boyfriend, she is still our little girl.

My husband hurt his leg real bad early Tuesday morning. I'm not 100% sure what he was doing. You know men, they don't want to be made to feel unmanly. I do know that my husband and are son were working outside. And Tuesdays are our trash days. My husband said he was throwing away the trash. Somehow, he hurt his leg. And has been in so much pain ever since.

But like a man, and like a typical member in this family, he refuses to go to the doctor. So my daughter came to check in on us. Flying across the country. Mostly, she came to take care of her daddy. And he listens to her. Go figure! But I'm glad that she's her. And making her dad feel better.

Between the leg massages, heating pads, ice packs, etc. she has been cooking for us today. Which I always enjoy. When did our daughter grow up? And how did she become such a great cook?

There is one thing I'm very glad for, that our family is so close. That when one of us is in trouble, we come together to work it out. It has not always been this way. And it's not always easy. But it's our family. And we're a tight little bunch. I thank God for that every day.

No comments: