Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

What a wonderful holiday this is. Just a day to remember our loved ones. I really appreciate that. My husband and I went to the graveyard today. And we put out flowers for all those people that we love. I just can't believe we've lost so many people in our lifetime.

My heart still breaks for our granddaughter. She past when she was just 6 weeks old. She would have been 18 years old at the end of next month. And my grandma, she's been gone for almost 27 years. She still doesn't have a headstone. My husband and I decided that we're going to get her one this year. No matter what anyone else in the family has to say.

I also miss my mother in law a lot. She was such a wonderful woman. And she lived next door to us. My daughter spent so much time with her grandma growing up. I can't believe, it's going to be 13 years this September. And my sister in law. She was so much like a mom to me. So loving. And she loved my daughter so much. It will be 7 years on Halloween that she's been gone. And my brother in law, the clown of the family. I can't believe he has been gone over 4 years now!

Today we remember a lot of people. Especially those who gave their lives for us and our country. I had 2 brothers in the service, my grandfather, and my father. My husband had 2 brothers and 2 sons. We have so many family members in the military. This day means so much to us. I'm glad we get a day to remember and reflect.

No comments: