Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hospitals

It seems like these days, more and more people we know are in the hospital. Maybe we're just getting older. I'm not sure.

My sister in law had her gallbladder removed today. She's my husband's older sister. We went to visit her. And it turned into a mini family reunion. My brother in laws and 1 sister in law came shortly after us. It was nice to see my husband and his brother and sister together again. They originally had 13 siblings. Now there's just 3. So we try to be there for one another.

Yesterday we went to visit a good friend. He had surgery too. He's actually been in and out of the hospital for about a year now. When we first met, he was so active. Now, he seems to be struggling a bit.

It's hard to see people suffer like this. To be confined to the hospital or rehab centers. But I'm grateful that their health is improving. That's all we can really ask for. And as we left the hospital this afternoon, my husband told me, "We better get to eating. You know, I don't want to end up here. In a room." So we stopped for a nice quiet dinner.

No comments: