Saturday, October 2, 2010

Making Scarves



I recently watched an episode of Sewing with Nancy. It inspired me. The episode was about scarves. There were some amazing scarves. The scarves only use about a half a yard of fabric! They are also super easy!

I went to JoAnn's today. To take advantage of my coupons. And the sales that they were having. I bought 4 or 5 different fabrics for these scarves. And when I got home, I got to work. I actually made 3. But 1 of them came out a bit wonky. I'm going to have to take it apart and sew it again. I realize now, it's because the fabric was cut crooked. But it's not a big deal.

I was upset though. My favorite fabric that I purchase, it had a rip in it. A pretty large one. I'm not sure what to do. Can you take it back to the fabric store? The worst is that it's in the middle of the piece, something that I couldn't hide in the scarf.

For the 3 scarves that I made, I used one technique. And I tried to do another. But I forgot part of the steps. Probably the most important step. When you turn the fabric. Does Sewing with Nancy post videos online? I found the book. And I'm thinking about buying it. It's only $15. And I'm sure there are many more projects inside.

No comments: