Monday, October 11, 2010

Incredible Sadness

I just got off the phone with my daughter. She is back east. Where she lives part time. The Guy and her had to rush off last night. They were going to come here for a quick visit. Today. But Hills got hurt last night. And that was much more important.

Hills was 9 days past her due date. I'm thinking, that is actually pretty normal for a 1st pregnancy. But she went into pretty active labor yesterday. Her midwife stayed with her all day. And last night, Hills' water broke. And they were on their way to the hospital.

Unfortunately, they were involved in a bad accident. They were hit by a drunk driver. The baby had to be delivered almost immediately. Now, Hill's and her little girl are in the ICU. In very serious condition. From what my daughter told me, they've both had 2 surgeries a piece. And this just saddens my heart. Worse, they are now 3 hours apart from one another. At hospitals specializing in each of their care.

Innocent lives should not be touched like this. This woman shouldn't have to be in a hospital hooked up to machines, fighting to live. Neither should her innocent baby girl. Please say some prayers for them. Hills is like my daughter. My daughter and Hills grew up together. And she spent so much time with us. We could use all the prayers we could get for these two innocent lives. Anything to get mom and baby healthy.

No comments: