Friday, August 27, 2010

Where Did My Lilies Go?

Sometime in the Spring, I planted about 5 Oriental Lily bulbs. And I've watered them all season. Along with some other bulbs. And even seeds for that matter. Yes, I made sure that they were all going in the right direction.



And by now, I should have some pretty blooms like these. Or at least a green plant. Heck, I'd settle for a sprout coming out of the ground. But I got nothing. Nothing at all! My other bulbs, they've all grown. Some of them have flowered. But not the Oriental Lilies.



It makes me wonder, what happened to my lilies? If all the others came up, were these bad bulbs? Was this a tough year? Because I lots of plants and flowers that didn't make it. Just from talking to family and friends.

This was the first year that I planted Oriental Lilies. But like I said, I've planted other lilies in the past. I have an entire flower bed filled with Tiger Lilies. But these lilies, they just don't want to grow. I'm wondering if our climate is just not good. Or maybe, it was just a tough gardening year.

No comments: